Hey, hey it’s my 100th post (as you probably gathered from the title of this blog entry).
That’s a lot of posts since my very first one back in September.
One of the things that I LOVE about Thanksgiving (besides the food, of course) is that the holiday reminds us to take the time to reflect on all of the good things in our lives. I am guilty of often focusing on the negative or what I don’t have in my life, rather than all of the wonderful things that I am blessed with.
So here, dear blog readers, is a list of 100 things that I am thankful for (in no particular order):
1. My husband. I am so lucky to have randomly (very randomly, I might add) have met Greg 4 1/2 years ago and that he loves and accepts me for who I am, the good and the bad. He’s also my best friend, my partner in crime, and one of the most selfless people I know.
2. My family. I have a large family- including lots of whole/half/step siblings. I love them all!
3. Friends. I really do have the best friends a gal could ask for, and many that I’ve known for (going on) 3 decades. Though many of us don’t get to see each other often, when we are together, it’s like no time has passed.
4. My pups. It’s been almost 2 years since Lance and Jackson came into my life. I had no idea how much love they would bring into my life, but I”m grateful for their smiling puppy faces every day. You can visit my old blog here that chronicles the first year of my life with them.
5. Digital photography. Not only is it my job (to teach it), but it’s also something I use in my life outside of work. I love having the ability to document something in a photograph and being able to see it instantly (and don’t miss all of the chemicals that I had to deal with when I taught darkroom photography).
6. Spinning. I’ve been a spinning instructor for almost 3 years now. I LOVE teaching it, and also love the extra bit of income (and free gym membership) that comes with it.
7. Pandora internet radio. Pandora is definitely one of the best 10 websites in existence. I listen to it all the time, and it makes me productive!
8. Farmers’ markets. The season is over now, unfortunately, but I love the 1/2 of the year where I can get so many of my weekly foods there!
9. My legs. They’re strong and get me from point A to B. They’re one part of my body that I can truly appreciate, love and wouldn’t want to change.
10. My french press
11. My Ipad
12. My ipod. Can you imagine what life would be like if this technology didn’t exist? I’d be carrying my discman around the gym!
13. Trips to Colorado. Though I long to live out west, I’ll have to settle for our annual summer vacation to Colorado for now.
14. My camelbak groove water bottle. filtered water anytime!
15. Oatmeal. the only breakfast that keeps me full
16. My blog. (and the fact that people actually read my blog!)
17. My rockin’ Subaru Outback
18. My home Greg and I bought our house just over a year ago, and I’ve learned how much LOVING your home can make a difference in your life!
19. My massage therapist, Lauren
20. Herbal tea
21. Peanut flour
22. Coconut flour
23. Almond milk (especially Trader Joe’s unsweetened vanilla)
24. DVR I can’t imagine how I would ever be able to follow any tv shows without it. And I don’t care if it’s cool- I love tv.
25. Yoga. (and really, Bob Harper’s Yoga for the Warrior dvd). I love the confidence and flexibility that yoga has given me!
26. Biking on the C&O Though I didn’t get out near as often that I would have liked to this year, at least I know that it’s always there for me.
27. Sharpie pens
28. Paul Rudd and Jake Gyllenhall. Just for being eye candy.
29. My friends Katie and Kelly for organizing my bachelorette party last summer. Seriously, it was the most amazing, creative bachelorette party ever!
30. Being organized. Man, it makes my life so much easier
31. Sunshine after it’s been raining for days.
32. Christmas lights and decorations. I. LOVE. IT. ALL.
33. Beer (good beer, that is. AKA Craft beer.)
34. Loudoun County wine country
35. My Vibram Five Fingers
36. The view of the “mountains” (if you can call them that in Maryland) from my house We do live on “Mountainview Drive” after all
38. Whole Foods/Trader Joes trips
41. Fuji apples
42. Sunflower butter (can’t believe I lived 30+ years without it!)
43. That I love veggies. A lot. Seriously. All of ‘em.
44. Ice cream. My absolute favorite dessert. Even in the winter.
45. Hikes with my Johnny. One of my bestest friends in the world- our Sugarloaf hikes are the best!
46. My AMAZING honeymoon exploring the Pac NW. And the fact that I married a man who wanted to hike for 2 weeks as a honeymoon!
48. Snow days
49. Post-it notes
50. Bodypump Kicks my butt and makes me stronger!
51. A good night’s sleep (even though I don’t seem to get it often enough… I try…)
52. Facebook I know, I know… but it’s made keeping in touch with friends and former classmates MUCH easier
53. Local eggs from free-range chickens
54. All of the amazing farms around where I live (and the beautiful countryside!)
55. My health! I work hard staying healthy- and am lucky that I rarely get sick!
56. Memories of my Grandmother (Gammy) I miss her every single day, but have such great memories to hold on to.
57. My fellow blog-writing friends I feel like I know so many of you- almost like we’re real friends.
58. A good, dirty joke I have a dark sense of humor- and enjoy witty (and dark) humor the most!
59. Bravo TV I’ll say it- I love trashy reality shows. So what?
60. Holistic remedies because it’s usually the only thing that works for me!
61. Any month that isn’t January, February or March (I like it much better when the sky is BLUE!)
62. My home gym and being able to work out at home!
63. Deep conditioner
64. Sugar-free gum it goes against my clean-food lifestyle, but unfortunately I’m an addict.
65. The Red Sox
66. Having in-laws living in Boston which provides a great excuse to visit one of my favorite cities several times each year
67. The rock music of the 90s best generation of music, ever.
68. XM radio
69. Having a stable full-time job even if I’m not totally in love with it
70. Having a short commute to work which is almost all back country roads!
71. That I’m a morning person
72. Wine (and vineyards!)
73. Twin Oaks Tofu
74. My hubby bringing home flowers
75. Seeing the sun rise almost every day
76. Plane trips that don’t involve delays
77. Finding a great new restaurant
79. Laughing with friends
80. The Ravens my home team!
81. THE WEEKEND
82. Crossing things off my “to-do” list
83. Accomplishing something even if it’s something really small!
84. Great trails to run on that are just a short drive away
85. Pumpkin anything
86. My electric can-opener
87. Sweatpants and wife-beaters (pretty much my uniform after I get home from work!)
88. Brooks running shoes
89. My down comforter
90. My bathtub and taking a looooooong soak
92. Summer vacation the two months that I live for each year
93. My collection of pottery made by my talented friends
94. Sundress weather (and my collection of PrAna dresses)
95. My foam roller (we have a love/hate relationship)
96. My relationship with my mom
97. Finding the perfect pair of sunglasses
98. My husband doing the dishes
99. A delicious home-cooked meal
100. I’m thankful for YOU blog-readers: even the lurkers (you know who you are- don’t be afraid to leave a comment!)
What are YOU thankful for?