Hey guys! Hope you’re having a great Tuesday- and that the weather is pleasant wherever you are (it’s rainy and humid here!) But, I can’t complain- it’s my first day of freedom!
My blend Michelle also recently resigned from her teaching career, and posted a great photo of her jumping after her last day of work. I told her that I was going to do the same and completely forgot!
Thank you so much for your kind words and support regarding yesterday’s post and big announcement. I am so excited about what lies ahead- I can hardly wait to get started!
Please take a moment and check out my guest post on Laura’s blog today (and check out the rest of her blog if you haven’t yet- it’s one of my faves!) My post is all about changing up your workout and my new found love for Tabata.
Lindsay had this very creative post last week about how her fridge runs the family- and I just thought it was so adorable (or as Lindsay would say: splendid!). And of course, I had to jump on board!
So here it is, in all of its glory… my refrigerator:
I aspire to have one of those great stainless steel refrigerators with the two freezer trays on the bottom, free from magnets and junk- but right now that’s not my reality.
Let’s take a closer look:
The left side of the fridge includes:
- a clock that tells the indoor/outdoor temp (on top of the fridge)
- a photo of me and Greg from the Baltimore Marathon 2008
- the Save the Date magnet that I made for our wedding last summer (it’s a photo of us along a hike at Longs Peak in Colorado!)
- magnets from Frisco, Colorado, Pikes Place Market in Seattle, the Duck Tour in Boston, Mt. St. Helens and Sonoma County, California (if you can’t tell, I like to pick up magnets when I travel!)
- a postcard advertising “owner appreciation day” at Common Market (the local co-op I belong to) in which owners get 10% off their total purchase (I save my big purchases for these days!)
- a business card for a Chiropractor that one of the regulars from my spin class gave me (that I still haven’t called)
The right side:
- empty egg cartons on top of the fridge (for us to take back to the farmer we buy eggs from)
- a food + wine pairing magnet from Sonoma (that we use often!)
- far too many Celestial Seasonings magnets
- the poison control center for animals phone number
- the label from one of my most favorite wines (The Pines Pinot Noir)
- a notepad that I bought in Vancouver last summer
- magnets for a few local businesses
- an old photo of two of the dogs I had growing up (I think the one on the right looks like Lance!)
- a photo of Greg and I at Fenway Park
- a “dog-sitter” notepad
- a family photo of Greg and me with the dogs that I love!
- a very outdated group exercise calendar for one of the gyms that I teach at
And the side:
- a calendar from a Golden Retriever Rescue Organization that we belong to
- note paper
- a bunch of business cards
- a variety of Save the Dates
and my favorite magnet:
Can you guess which one?
I’m thinking that I need to clean off my fridge a bit….
What’s on your fridge? Is it cluttered like mine or do you keep it empty?