At the beginning of summer, I created a bucket list.
This list was just for fun- and more just a way for me to organize ideas of either productive and/or fun things that I wanted to do over the summer.
I wrote a “progress” post about halfway through the season, and was able to cross off #3, #5, #15, #16, #17, #18 and #20.
So, let’s so how I did with the thirteen items that remained. At the official end of summer, here’s what I’m able to check off:
1. Organize Home Office This was my first priority after coming home from Colorado. I basically locked myself in my office for two days and threw out tons of stuff, and organized everything that was kept. I now have a clean, functional office space.
2. Big Goodwill Donation Kind of. Greg and I donated a bunch of kitchen stuff and appliances, but both of us still have a whole closet full of clothes to go through. It will happen.
3. Brew Kombucha I actually bought a bottle of kombucha for this specific purpose… and then kind of forgot about it in the back of the fridge. And then it unintentionally started growing a scoby. Does that count?
6. Study For PFT Exam Yup. As I mentioned yesterday- this has pretty much been my life for the last two months. I hope it pays off!
10. Hike a 14er Done!! Actually, I hiked two! This was the best way that I could have possibly spent my one year anniversary, and I will never, ever forget that day. I can’t wait to get back out to Colorado and hike another one (which will most likely be Quandry’s Peak).
11. Picnic Along A Local Hike Greg and I paired this with #14, and ate lunch during a hike along the Stone Fort Trail at Maryland Heights (in Harper’s Ferry). And I wondered “why don’t I do this more often?!”
13. Hot Yoga YES! I’m SO glad that I finally tried it! And I can’t wait to take another class (although the next one will be in the evening- hot yoga wiped me out of any bit of energy that I had!)
14. Bike On The C&O As mentioned in #11, I paired this with a hiking trip in WV. It’s actually much easier to bike there, as parking it somewhat limited.
And that’s it!
As for the items that I didn’t check off:
#7: We had actually planned to go zip-lining last week, and then Greg had to go into DC for work. But, we are definitely going within the next few weeks (our gift certificate expires soon!)
#8: Man, I really wanted to go to an Amusement Park. I guess there’s still time… but I don’t see it happening this year.
#9: Go bowling? Hmm. I’m not really sure why I put that. I guess I was in the mood to bowl?
#12: I am SO bummed that I didn’t go swimming. Ugh! I don’t think I went at all last summer, either! In fact, I only wore a bathing suit one time this entire summer- and it was in the hot tub at the resort we stayed atin Colorado after we hiked the 14er!
#19: De-wallpaper and paint… I’m saving that for winter.
Have a great weekend!
What are some of your best memories from this summer?