I thought I’d have a little mindless fun today. I love making random lists of things (and really love reading them on others’ blogs), and that’s exactly what I’ve got for you today!
If you have a blog, feel free to copy the categories and paste them on your own blog!
5 TV shows that I am really happy are back for the fall season:
3. Amazing Race (Greg and I really need to get off our lazy butts and finally apply for this show!)
4. Modern Family
5. Parks & Recreation
5 songs that I sing at the top of my lungs when I’m driving in the car alone:
1.Maybe I’m Amazed by Paul McCartney
2. I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz
3 . Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
4. Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos <—– OMG I was obsessed with her in high school. LOVE YOU TORI!!
5. Into The Mystic by Van Morrisson
5 things I’m looking forward to this month
1. Going to Boston next weekend for Greg’s stepbrother’s wedding. The wedding itself will be great, and we get to see Greg’s family too! And as an added bonus, I get to finally meet two of my favorite girls, Amanda and Erin!
2. The Renaissance Festival. I usually go with a group of friends every September, but it happened to be the same weekend as Fitbloggin’ this year. There’s still a few weeks left…
3. Going Ziplining in Harper’s Ferry. I feel like I keep talking about this- it needs to happen.
4. Cheering Heather & Kirk on while they run the Marine Corps Marathon! A few of my other friends are running too- but Heather and & Kirk are coming all the way from Denver. I can’t wait to see them (and to hang out afterwards!).
5. Hiking at Shenandoah- and hopefully, at Old Rag. Greg and I drove up Skyline Drive last October and it’s SO beautiful there (seriously- check out these photos!!). Hiking Old Rag has been on my bucket list forever, and this is definitely the time of year to do it!
5 culinary-ish things:
1. I’m trying to figure out how to make a protein microwave muffin that is egg and dairy free. I can easily do without the dairy, but the egg is giving me problems. I’ve tried using flax seed and egg replacer…and all I end up with is mush. Any tips (remember- it has to be microwavable) would be appreciated!
2. I can’t remember who gave me the idea of making a “sushi bowl” (maybe Allie?), but I finally made one for dinner last night. I combined sweet brown rice (first time I ever made it- so good!), rare tuna, and a bunch of veggies in a bowl. It was delicious and tasted just like a tuna roll.
3. I’m kind of obsessed with growing sprouts lately. I’ve made two huge batches so far and am currently trying a second attempting at sprouting chickpeas (using my sprouting jar this time!).
4. I successfully re-created Corner Bakery’s Swiss Oatmeal! I first discovered it at the beginning of this summer, and fell in love.
To make this: place 1/2 c rolled oats in a bowl and add just enough water to cover the oats. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, stir in 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, cinnamon and sweetener to taste. Chop up 1/2 of an apple, 1/2 of a banana, a handful of frozen cranberries and add to the bowl. Stir well. Top with chopped almonds.
5. I’m finally brewing my own Kombucha, right now- as we speak! I’ll have more details on this soon (and an AWESOME giveaway!).
5 blogger friends that I can’t wait to meet in real life (and, um… haven’t yet):
1. Cassie from Back to her Roots
2. Lindsay from Cotter Crunch
3. Lee from In My Tummy ( I don’t really understand how we haven’t met yet!!)
4. Annette from Enjoy Your Healthy Life
5. Michelle from The Runner’s Plate
I’ve been reading all of these blogs for over a year now, and feel like I know these gals as well as any “real life” friends. And there’s at least five more that I want to meet. Or ten. (I didn’t include Erin and Amanda because I will be meeting them next weekend in Boston!)
And there ya have it. Twenty five random things that you now know about my life. Now you can go on about your day.
Your turn! Pick anything from the list and tell me your thoughts about it!