Happy WIAW, friends! If you couldn’t guess from the title of today’s post, I did indeed eat some eggs. After six weeks without any eggs, meat or dairy, eggs were the only thing that I really missed. I went and bought a carton of them from a nearby farmer that raises happy, free-roaming chickens. I was definitely happy to bring them back into my diet this past Monday! And- I incorporated them into every single meal.
Since I love the way that Cassie lays out her WIAW posts, I’m copying her idea for mine today. Disclaimer: these photos suck. Obviously I need to check to make sure that they are focused after I take them. And I will also choose a prettier cloth next time to shoot against. Oye.
1. Perfect Oatmeal (made with one egg white)
2. Runny egg on a piece of Ezekiel bread with mashed avocado underneath, mixed greens salad with carrots, cucumber and pumpkin seeds
3. Strawberry protein muffin (containing one egg white, amongst other things) and Sweet Harvest Pumpkin tea latte with coconut milk ice cubes. I know that the curdled coconut milk looks REALLY appealing.
4. Pasta shells stuffed with “cheese” (silken tofu, spinach, nooch, Italian seasonings, spinach, etc.), mixed greens
5. Sliced pear with Saigon cinnamon, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea (both C.S. teas were bought at their factory in Boulder!). Sorry for the glare.
Welcome back, eggs. You were missed.
(This wasn’t everything that I ate the entire day. There were a few handfuls of grapes and some cashews throughout the day as well.)
One more thing… for those of you that are into silly dog videos. I took this video of Lance and Jackson playing yesterday while I was typing this post up. They do this several times a day (chase each other around in circles and play hide and seek). I love my little goofballs.
Go join in on the WIAW fun!