Happy new week! I hope you had a fantastic weekend… and maybe you’re still celebrating your favorite football team’s win?
As much as I love all things Colorado (and Peyton Manning), I am a RAVENS fan forever.
Now I’m just hoping that they can finally make it back to the Superbowl. It’s been way too long!
Today’s post is basically a brain dump. I really don’t like that term, but that’s basically what it is! I was making a list of random things going on in my life currently and what has been happening recently, so here ya go:
- I threw my mom a surprise party for her 60th birthday on Saturday. It was a success! (Her birthday is actually next weekend, but she’ll be away at the beach!) I didn’t take any photos because I was too busy enjoying the time with my family… and honestly didn’t even think about picking up my camera.
- Greg cleaned out the garage this weekend. Umm…. we have a lot of bikes.
Or, I should say he has a lot of bikes- only one of them is mine. He’s been collecting them over a number of years.
- I also did some cleaning out this weekend, in the form of closets. It’s been way too long since I went through my clothing and made a big Goodwill donation. I’m happy to say that I have two very large trash bags full of clothing to donate! I still have to go through shoes (I think I still have shoes from college in my closet…), but I am already feeling much better about having less clutter around.
But this is what I’m having a hard time with:
That’s a stack of t-shirts from various races that I’ve done and a stack of jeans that I can’t fit into any more (they’re too small). The jeans are really nice and in great shape, and if I get back down to my goal weight, they should easily fit again. I’m going to hold on to them for a little while longer…
The shirts, I’m not sure what to do with. I don’t really wear any of them (well, I wear a few that are not pictured around the house or to bed) but I feel weird about throwing them away. I’m sure there are some creative ideas on Pinterest. If you have any ideas, please share!
While I was sorting out clothes, I found this:
It’s from my Bachelorette party. Since I was 31 when I got married, I wasn’t too keen on the idea of doing the typical Bachelorette party shenanigans that we had all done in our 20s. So, my amazing friends made a scavenger hunt all around downtown Frederick in the theme of “The Amazing Race,” since it’s one of my favorite shows. We divided up into teams and had to run all over and get clues and do “challenges” (anything from trivia to doing tequila shots to solving puzzles). It was one of the most fun days of my life- and definitely the best Bachelorette party I’ve ever been to!
- Bodypump 84 launches in less than two weeks. I had set a goal to have the first five tracks memorized by the end of the weekend. That didn’t happen. I’m pretty confident that I know the back and triceps tracks (and maybe biceps) but still need a lot of practice. I have a feeling that I’m going to be carving out at least an hour each day for the next 10 days to do just that. The good news is, the more experienced I’ve become as an instructor, the easier it seems to be to learn new choreography.
- I’m pretty impressed with how my home gym has grown.
I’ve been collecting equipment (and never say no to freebies!) over the last few years, and the only things I still really want are a few more kettlebells, another (heavier) medicine ball and a sandbag.
- Have you seen this clip on Youtube?
This kid goes to the high school that I taught at for seven years. Oh yeah, and I graduated from there, too.
- I love my dogs so much. They make me smile constantly and are one of the biggest blessings in my life. Non-dog people probably think I’m crazy, but I get excited when I pull up in the driveway, because I see their little faces waiting at the door.
Lance likes to stand over Jackson like this often (showing dominance?). Jackson doesn’t seem to mind.
Side note: Our Christmas decorations have been put away for a while now, but I still have that one wreath up. I can’t bring myself to take it down yet- it’s so pretty!
- Here’s three songs that I am obsessed with lately:
I really, really love the last one. I got to see David Gray at Constitution Hall when I was in college (3rd row!) and actually CRIED when he started singing.
- I pretty much live in my black American Apparel pants that pv.body sent me.
Like my self-timer skills?
I LOVE THEM! I actually wore them pretty much the entire weekend. If you haven’t checked out pv.body yet, click here to take your style quiz and get started! For just $49.95, you will be sent an athletic top and bottom specifically chosen for your personal workout style! And- when you order through this link, you will get 20% off your order!
pv.body also runs promotions and contests for members almost daily- how does a $300 gift card to Lululemon sound?
Don’t forget to enter to win a case of SIX packs of high protein flat bread from P28 Foods if you haven’t already. I’ll be choosing a winner at 8:00 EST tonight!
What do you need to “dump” from your brain?