Thanks SO much for all of your kind words in regards to yesterday’s post and my big (but not so surprising) news! Greg and I are so excited about what the future has in store and just can’t wait to be out there and start a new life in the place we love the most. Depending on what happens over the next few weeks, posts might be a little skimpy, but just bare with me. I’m sure I’ll have plenty to share! If anyone has tips for moving across the country, I’d LOVE to hear them. Any information, advice, feedback, etc. is extremely appreciated!
For now, I can finally cross off one more things from my 32 while 32 list!
We’ve actually been planning that timeline for a while now, but I didn’t want to share just yet. It feels good to be able to talk about it!
So, speaking of that list…. I’ve got just one week left to make the remaining things happen! To be realistic, there will be a few things on that list that are not crossed off, and I figured that would happen. However, I am going to try to get at least one more thing crossed off before the big “33″ happens next Tuesday. Here’s what remains:
• Teach my dogs to not freak out when the doorbell rings
• Find a new (local) trail to run and hike (wait a minute- I think I can actually cross that one off!)
• Bake my own bread (in my own kitchen)
• Buy a new bike
• Lose 15 lbs. (or at least fit back into my “hot” clothes)
• Take a class or workshop (non-work related)
• Do something about my cd collection (which is currently just sitting in Rubbermaid bins)- organize it, get rid of some, burn MP3s, etc.
• Download and read a book onto my iPad
• Print out wedding photographs and make an album
• Get a facial (I’ve never had one!)
Yikes! That’s still a pretty big list!
I know that downloading a book is definitely do-able, and baking bread should be too. I’m not so sure about everything else (although getting a facial would be lovely). At least I can carry the items that are left unchecked over to my list for next year! Until then, I’m going to enjoy this last week of being 32.
Do you set goals at the beginning of a new week, month, year, etc? How do you motivate yourself to achieve them?