I’ve been 33 for over a week now. And so far, I like it (even though I still can’t believe that I’m that old.) If you haven’t noticed (because you probably don’t revolve your life around checking up on my blog), I haven’t updated my 32 while 32 list yet for the new year. I’m still trying to think of exactly what I want to accomplish in the upcoming year. I’d like to make a list of some goals that are a little far-fetched (or, that I at least have to work a little harder to meet) along with others that will be simple and fun.
I was asking Greg to help me come up with some ideas the other night, and here’s what I have so far:
1. Drive across the country. This one is pretty much a given, since I’ll have to do that once we move. To be honest, I’m very nervous about it. I’ll most likely be by myself (except for having a dog or two in the car) because both of us will have to drive out.
2. Hike another 14er. Climbing my first 14er was a goal from last year that I accomplished (and I actually climbed two!), and I would definitely like to knock out at least one more this year. And if you ask Greg, he’d like to knock out at least five more this year.
You just can’t beat the view at 14,000+ feet above sea level!
3. Become a certified lifestyle and weight management specialist. I have a career goal of becoming a health coach, and this will enable me to do that. I’ve actually already paid for the certification course, but just need to set aside time to study and take the exam. Any day now would be a good day to start that…
4. Get a haircut. This sounds silly, I know. But I rarely get my hair cut. I usually just trim it myself. I also color and highlight my own hair (and have for 20 years) and wax my own eyebrows. These are things that I can do myself and just don’t care to spend money on. And it all usually turns out looking just how I want it!
(This was also a goal from last year, which I met, and that was the last time I got my hair cut!)
5. Visit a new brewery. We’re moving to Colorado. I have a feeling that we’ll visit at least 10 new breweries.
6. Go bowling. I have so much fun bowling and it’s something I rarely do! We went duckpin bowling as a family around Christmas, which was fun, but I definitely prefer 10-pin.
7. Run some kind of “theme” race. I’m sure there’s a more technical term for this- but I’m talking about a mud run or color run or something like that.
9. Read one book a month. One of my new year’s resolutions was to read more. I’m on a roll so far and still have a big pile of books that I want to read. Let’s hope this motivation lasts!
…and that’s it so far.
This list doesn’t include any of the goals that I didn’t meet while I was 32; I’m sure I’ll be carrying a few of them over. I’ve still got at least 15 to come up with, and want to get that list made asap so I can start knocking them off.
I’m asking you guys for help: Do you have any good ideas that I can add to my 33 while 33 list? Or do you have any current goals yourself that I could adopt?
They can be big or small, I’ll take ‘em all! (Did you like that rhyme?)
Thanks for any ideas!!