I’ve officially been 33 for ONE whole month. And so far… it’s going okay. I am 100% confident that this year will end up being excellent and full of lots of exciting and wonderful things- it’s just been a little stressful to start.
A few weeks ago, I asked you all for some suggestions to add to my “33 while 33″ list, and I got some awesome responses! I also have to borrow a few ideas from my good friend Erin’s list (she also happens to be almost the exact same age as me!). I recycled a few of my goals from last year that I failed to meet and added a whole bunch of new ones, right below the 9 that I posted before. Here it is!
33 While 33
1. Drive across the country. This one is pretty much a given, since I’ll have to do that once we move. I’ll most likely be by myself (except for having a dog or two in the car) because both of us will have to drive out. I was nervous, but now I’m excited about it!
2. Hike another 14er. Climbing my first 14er was a goal from last year that I accomplished (and I actually climbed two!), and I would definitely like to knock out at least one more this year. And if you ask Greg, he’d like to knock out at least five more this year.
You just can’t beat the view at 14,000+ feet above sea level!
3. Become a certified lifestyle and weight management specialist. I have a career goal of becoming a health coach, and this will enable me to do that. I’ve actually already paid for the certification course, but just need to set aside time to study and take the exam. Any day now would be a good day to start that…
4. Get a haircut. This sounds silly, I know. But I rarely get my hair cut. I usually just trim it myself. I also color and highlight my own hair (and have for 20 years) and wax my own eyebrows. These are things that I can do myself and just don’t care to spend money on. And it all usually turns out looking just how I want it!
(This was also a goal from last year, which I met, and that was the last time I got my hair cut!)
5. Visit a new brewery. We’re moving to Colorado. I have a feeling that we’ll visit at least 10 new breweries.
6. Go bowling. I have so much fun bowling and it’s something I rarely do! We went duckpin bowling as a family around Christmas, which was fun, but I definitely prefer 10-pin.
7. Run some kind of “theme” race. I’m sure there’s a more technical term for this- but I’m talking about a mud run or color run or something like that.
9. Read one book a month. One of my new year’s resolutions was to read more. I’m on a roll so far and still have a big pile of books that I want to read. Let’s hope this motivation lasts!
10. Do something that scares me. This was a goal from last year, but I think it’s a good one to have always! I’m sure that I can find a lot of different things to do in Colorado that are a little bit scary (um, skiing for one!).
11. Go see a concert at Red Rocks. I’ve been there several times for bootcamps and other fitness-related things, but it would be great to just be able to sit back and enjoy the beauty of the place while listening to some great music!
12. Throw together a surprise romantic event for my husband. Greg is wonderful and deserves something great and unexpected. I love this idea (thanks, Mandy!).
13. See the sun rise and set somewhere amazing. I’d like to go to Red Rocks for this one, but there are a ton of other beautiful locations to choose from as well. And hey, this could be something I experience many, many times!
14. Take a relaxing vacation. Greg and I travel a lot- but every vacation we take is active. Our honeymoon was two weeks of hiking/biking/kayaking/etc. around the Pacific Northwest! We take trips like that because it’s what we love. But, I think it would be really good for us to go somewhere tropical and just sit and relax for a few days.
15. Try a new type of food/cuisine. I feel like there isn’t much that I haven’t tried, but I know I’m wrong here. There’s so much out there to enjoy!
16. Figure out how to lose the weight I’ve put on over the last two years and get rid of it for good! ’nuff said. (really, I just want my clothes to fit comfortably again!)
17. Take one of the dogs on a day trip. I’d like to say that I’d take both… but that’s a bit much.
18. Make 5 Pinterest crafts. I have done a very good job of not spending too much time on Pinterest, because it’s so easy to get sucked in! But, I would like to actually make some of the things that I’ve pinned.
19. Create a “focus on” section for the blog. I’d really like to do a post (or two) every month that focuses on a different piece of exercise equipment (inexpensive items that are easy to get for home) and various exercises that can be performed.
20. Join an adult skee-ball league. I have a friend that is on one of these in Baltimore. I’ve been researching around Denver, and they exist! I like to consider myself an expert skee-baller. (I could also be a pro Baggo player…)
21. Start foam-rolling regularly. This is a habit that I just haven’t been able to get into. I have a foam roller at home and no excuses.
22. Make sauerkraut I’m sure it’s not that hard to do, and it’s something I’ve been talking about doing but haven’t actually done.
23. UNPLUG for an entire weekend No laptop, no iPad, no iPhone… NO SOCIAL MEDIA. It needs to happen.
24. Take (at least) a week off from high-intensity exercise I think that the time between moving and finding a new gym to teach Bodypump and Spinning at will be a good time for this. Right now, since it’s my job, it’s not really an option. But, I really look forward to seeing how my body would react to taking some time off.
25. Do something about my cd collection (which is currently just sitting in Rubbermaid bins)- organize it, get rid of some, burn MP3s, etc.- this is something that I had on my list from last year and needs to be done!
26. Get a facial. Again, it never happened last year. And it needs to.
27. Ride along Vail Pass and kayak in Lake Dillon. This is the route where Greg and I got engaged. I think it would be really fun to do this again (maybe for our 2-year wedding anniversary!)
28. Find a yoga studio and make it a regular part of my routine. I love yoga. It’s something that I don’t make enough time for.
29. Take a new fitness class. There’s a ton of classes that I am itching to try- and Barre is probably at the top of that list! I’d also like to take a class centered around a piece of equipment that I own and use at home so that I can learn some new moves (TRX, Bosu, etc.)
30. Upgrade my laptop and/or iPad to newer models. I have a Macbook Pro…. from 2006. Even though I added more RAM and replaced the hard drive last year, it’s still on it’s last legs. And while my iPad still works, it’s a 1st generation and definitely has some kinks!
31. Visit all parents in all three states. It’s easy to see my parents now, because they live in Maryland. But, after we move, I want to make sure that we get back here! I also really want to plan a visit to both Florida and Massachusetts to see Greg’s parents as well!
32. Get dressed up really nice to go somewhere (even if it’s just to dinner). Because it’s nice to do that once in a while, and I rarely ever do.
33. Go fly-fishing. This was Greg’s idea- he wants to try it too! Kelly…. maybe you can help with this one?
I haven’t knocked a single one of these goals off the list yet, and I’ve got eleven (fun) months to make it happen. Let’s do this!
What are your goals this year? Have you done anything on this list (this year)? Any suggestions on how to tackle any of these things?