Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope that your week if off to a good start and that you are enjoying these last few days of winter. I’m sure you know (because I’ve mentioned it, oh, 100 times in the last month?) that I am very much ready for spring and everything that comes along with it. So long sweaters, heavy coats and gloves… hello, flip flops!
Today I’m going to talk to you about two things that I am a big fan of: Jillian Michaels and healthy, convenient snacks. One of my favorite (convenient, portion-controlled) healthy snacks is Popchips. And I love me some Popchips. I haven’t found a single flavor that I haven’t liked yet- and it seems like there are new flavors coming out all the time!
So, you can imagine my excitement when I found this box of delicious goodness waiting at my front door over the weekend.
Chili potato lime? Sour cream and onion? Thai sweet chili potato?! Yes, please!
Here’s a look at the nutritional stats (the single serve bags are just 100 calories!):
I’m thinking that these will be very handy when I have to drive across the country at the end of next month!
On to the other topic that I mentioned loving: Jillian Michaels! I’ve been a big fan of The Biggest Loser from the very beginning and also own all of her books (Master Your Metabolism is my favorite) and several of her workout DVDs. So, of course, I was thrilled when I recently saw that Jillian had come out with a new book!
To give you a sneak peek of what’s inside, here’s a few tips from Jillian about how to get healthier this year:
• Make a resolution…and keep it. Resolutions shouldn’t be something you wait for so this new year, resolve to do it and resolve to start now!
• It’s all about balance. Eating three balanced meals (every four hours) with a snack between lunch and dinner is key. Reach for a healthier snack like carrot sticks and hummus, fresh fruit, or curb salty cravings with tasty snacks such as popchips or almonds and dried cranberries.
• Just because it’s not fried, doesn’t mean it’s not delicious! If you are in the mood to nosh, replace fried potato chips with a healthier alternative that still will satisfy that salty crave. Popchips are a great and my favorite snack option! they taste delicious and have less than half the fat of fried chips and only 100 calories in the single serve bag.
• Grab a buddy. It’s a fact that you will achieve greater success when you have the support of those closest to you. so get your friends together to support each other in being healthier in 2013.
• Create healthier alternatives to your favorite fried foods. Opt for cooking methods that use little or no fat such as steaming, grilling, baking, popping, broiling or roasting. you can still make these items taste great with the right seasoning! have a weakness for fried chicken? Instead take skinless chicken breast cutlets, cover them in egg whites and a crushed up cereal like cornflakes, and bake. Same great taste and more than half the calories and fat.
Great tips, huh?
So, here’s the deal. Jillian is a huge fan of Popchips, and has graciously offered to give away a signed copy of her new book Slim for Life to one lucky reader! And that’s not all- you will also get a month’s supply of Popchips in a variety of flavors! Just when I thought I couldn’t love Popchips any more…
To enter, just leave a comment below telling me your favorite tip for healthy living! I will be choosing a winner on Friday, March 22nd at 8pm EST. Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I’ll let you in on a little secret too- there will be another (very different and exciting!) Popchips giveaway coming up on this blog in the very near future!
Popchips provided products for me to review. Opinions are 100% honest and my own.